Lisa and Ellie made a sticker chart together. Ellie received stickers for everything but putting her entire head under water and swimming all by herself. The stickers Ellie earned were: jumping in, putting her face in the water, doing an 'animal rescue', retreiving dive sticks, kicking with the kickboard and kicking on the stairs.
Sometimes lessons got off to a slow start, as you can see at the beginning of the video, but they picked up after Ellie got warmed up.
aw, that's so cute. My daughter just finished up swim lessons too.
ReplyDeleteYou'r daughter is doing great!
we just got back from hannah and chandler's swim lesson "graduation". hannah was an old pro since she took lessons last year, but most of chan's lessons started out with some good old-fashioned squalling. his coaches were awesome though...and usually by the end he was all cool with it!
ReplyDeleteGood job Ellie!! Laila's favorite is the back star float.
ReplyDeleteGetting kids to learn something such as swimming is such a huge step for both the child and the parent. Swim lessons are always great. I remember learning to swim, I went to classes that my parents took me too. I loved the fact that if I did really well at the lesson I'd get to jump off the diving board with floaties or a life jacket. I thought it was a blast.
ReplyDeletegood for ellie!!
ReplyDelete