The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

April 22, 2010

Happy 101 - My First Award!

Thank you to Shannon at Webbisodes for my very first blogging award, the Happy 101 Award!  I might be a little too excited about it.  ;)   

I hope everyone will stop by to say hi to Shannon.  Her daughter, Gillian Grace, is such a cutie and her last post titled "Dirt Alert" is something I can totally relate to! 

Thanks again, Shannon!

So here are the rules of the Happy 101 Award:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog (or hyperlink).

3. List 10 things that make you happy.

4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know about the award.

10 Things That Make Me Happy
I admit I had to think about this for a little bit.  When was the last time I was asked what made me happy?  Yeah, it's been a while.  So here it goes...

  1. Seeing my girls together.  My heart was not prepared for the happiness this brings me.  They are each other's favorite people and I love every second of watching them together.

  2. Starbucks.  More specifically a Venti Carmel Macchiato and a Reduced Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake.  It's like an instant mental vacation.

  3. Buying Gifts.  I love buying gifts for people.  I start brainstorming ideas way before the holiday I'm shopping for and I love it when the recipient opens the gift and you can see they love it, too.

  4. Jimmy Buffett.  Another instant vacation.  Some of the most fun I've ever had has been at Buffett concerts.  Usually before we ever even walk through the gate.  I've had to take the last few years off but am already looking forward to going this summer...and I think it's not until July!  As a random fact, I did once actually blow out my flip flop at a concert.  If if had to happen, what is a more perfect time?  And that leads me to...

  5. Flip flops.  If I could I would be barefoot always but since that is unfortunately socially unacceptable, flip flops are the next best thing.  I love a good pair of broken in Reefs!

  6. Eating outside in the city.  It might be the thing I miss the most about city life.  Brunch especially.  For some reason they just don't seem to do brunch in the 'burbs.  So good food, a beautiful day and a mimosa/bloody mary/beer/glass of wine and I am a happy camper.

  7. The first snow.  I realize it's not even May yet but the first snow makes me so happy.  It puts me in the holiday mood and gets me ready for Christmas trees, shopping, baking, parties and all of the fun between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

  8. Watching our Wedding DVD.  We don't do it enough. 

  9. Swimming.  In a pool, lake or ocean.  I love the feeling of floating and that second before you go under water.  Definitely looking forward to swimming weather!

  10. Listening to Ellie talk {Maddie, too, but even more when she has real words!}.  Today Ellie asked me "What are stars?"  I did my best to explain that the sun is a star and the other stars are really far away.  Then she told me she hoped they made really small space suits because she doesn't want to wait until she is a grown up to go on a space ship and visit outer space.  I love her!  And I can't wait to hear what Maddie is going to say first.
So there are my 10 things that make me happy.  Now I would like to award the Happy 101 Award to:







Congrats, Ladies!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Totally could've written this post myself, especially #s 4, 5, 9, and 10! Not too much snow here on the Gulf Coast, but it would be a nice change of pace. Yay for your award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award!! It's my very first one and I'm over the moon!!
    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a great happy list!!!! I would have never imagined how much I would love watching my kiddos interact...one of my favorite things to watch! I LOVE swimming too...anywhere, but especially in Hawaii! Thanks for passing it one to me! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know this was your first award! I was thinking that your blog is so good you must have a million! Your totally getting an award from me the next time around!

    I love flip flops too! SO much so that I still wear them even when there is snow on the ground! I know, Im so smart! Haha
    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I'm so honored! Thanks a ton!

    You (and your sweet girls) are very deserving of it.

    I am a chai latte girl myself, but that coffee cake is something I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award. So exciting! See my post at www.embracedchaos.com. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can completely relate to your 10 things! I have become a follower, too! Thanks for checking out A Cuppy Cake Life and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...