The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

January 12, 2011

Heart of Haiti


Today marks one year since the devastating earthquake in Haiti.  In times of unimaginable tragedy, I feel such a strong call to action but other than making a donation to a charity like The Red Cross, it seems like there is not much else I can do.  Doctors and nurses boarded planes to aid the injured and I just watched on television. 

People in Haiti are still struggling but there is something we can do to help.  We can shop.  Seriously.





Local artisans create products like picture frames, ceramics, art on canvas and much more and receive 22% of the profit.  For many devastated by last year's quake, this is the first reliable income that can be used to feed and clothe families, pay school fees and rebuild communities.




Here are a few of my favorite products that can be found at http://bit.ly/HeartofHaiti-ShopforABetterWorld {part of Macys.com}:




 
Please visit http://bit.ly/HeartofHaiti-ShopforABetterWorld and check out all of the amazing pieces available.  From eclectic to streamline, I'm sure you will find something you love that fits your budget. 

Shopping for a cause, a brilliant idea!


*I was selected for this very special “CleverHaiti” opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post, and a great reminder that the Haitians are STILL struggling and we can still do our part. THX!

    Oh, and thanks for the "LIKE" on Tristin and Tyler's Facebook page! Appreciated! Love ur blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all this stuff. Thanks for the links. Beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...