The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

March 29, 2011

A Family of Addicts

It all began about 20 years ago.  The pebbles were poured, the milk splashed into the bowl and I was hooked.  The white milk changing to chocolate?  That was the cherry on top.

I have been thoroughly enjoying Cocoa Pebbles for as long as I can remember.  They were my breakfasts, after school snacks, pregnancy cravings and addiction.  Of all the chocolaty things to be addicted to, you could do worse.  They are filled with vitamins and minerals, gluten free and when milk is added, an excellent source of calcium.

Ryan and I will be married for seven years this June.  On our first grocery shopping trip as husband and wife, Cocoa Pebbles were in our cart.  We have had them in our home almost everyday since. 

A few weeks ago Ryan tried them.  Every night since then he fixes himself a little snack of pebbles while watching the DVR'd show of the day.

Now Ellie has caught on to the trend.  The girl would not eat a bowl of cereal for the longest time.  She liked Cheerios and she liked milk.  She did not like them mixed.  When she asked to try a bite I said sure, convinced she would say BLAH! and spit them out.

So not the case.

Ellie loves Cocoa Pebbles.  She asks for them for dessert.  Little Mads?  She's a fan, too, though she has only had a few dry pebbles at a time.

My best kept secret that was really never meant to be a secret is out.  And I'm buying boxes two at a time cause these suckers are going fast.


Does your family have a shared addiction?

5 comments:

  1. lol....i was obsessed with cocoa pebbles every time i was pregnant! i can't really think of something in particular that my family is addicted to. i'd kind of say sweet tea....but i don't drink it (i know...southern girl doesn't drink sweet tea?? blasphemy!). the rest of the fam...the must have it in the fridge at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are big cereal lovers in our family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our family loves "oh's"...but i don't buy them often b/c the box is small & the cost is big, lol!

    your girls are darling! your blog is super cute!!-glad i found it on blog it fwd's hop! {new follower}

    come visit when you're not busy with your little cuties!

    (: kelli & kristi
    http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hubs is most addicted to Fruity Pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has begged. I have resisted. at. every. turn. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...