I could go on and on about how I can't believe my Elizabeth Grace is almost three. Seriously, I could write pages. But I am aware that every parent in the world feels the same way. My dad still tells me that he feels like the last 29 years have flown by and that he still remembers me in just a diaper and little white socks.
So I'll just say it once: I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS GOING TO BE THREE ON TUESDAY! There, out of my system.
Now the second part, my preschooler. Well, we took care of that today. Ellie is now registered for preschool. After a long debate of which one we should choose, we did the logical thing and went with the one that was closest to our house with curb side drop off and pick up.
Ellie was shy tonight at first. But she told the greeter her name and started to perk up after she was able to pick a butterfly sticker for her name tag. We then followed the path of the purple footprints to see where her classroom, free choice room and art room would be.
We saw one of Ellie's play date friends, one of the boys who was not allowed in her tent this past Monday. He got her back tonight. He wouldn't let her play behind the curtain in the free choice room and Ellie did not like it one bit. Miss Kelly might have some issues next fall with the two of them in class together!
Ellie loves her new school and was not so happy to learn that she doesn't get to go back for seven months. As she was going to bed tonight she said, "Next time I go to school I get to go all by myself. Right?" Yep, El. You're a big girl now and in seven months you will be going to school all by yourself. Sniff sniff.
Meanwhile on the infant front, I went in to get Madeline this morning and she was on her tummy. Her first official back to stomach roll. She has been so close for weeks and she finally did it.
I didn't want to be that mom so I didn't take pictures at preschool registration. But I did take some of Maddie and her accomplishment this morning!
My girl, happy to be rolling!
Aww - what a cute picture! I'm proud of your girls! They're growing up so fast.
ReplyDelete