Now? Well, now all of our rooms are taken. And Ryan's twin has two kids now. They are coming for a visit for the first time since our nephew was born and I have to say, I was feeling at little bit like the old woman ling in a shoe at first.
Here's what we've got:
- a 3.5 year old who sleeps in a bed
- a 2.5 year old who sleeps in a crib
- a 13 month old who sleeps in a crib
- a 4 month old who sleeps in a crib
- 2 thirty year old couples who will sleep just about anywhere
![]() |
| Image Credit |
and
- one master bedroom with a queen
- a nursery with a crib
- a big girl room with a double bed
- an air mattress in a playroom
- a pack n play
- a co sleeper/bassinet
The first time we were traveling to a hotel, a friend gave me a piece of advice: turn that bathroom into a bedroom. Brilliant. Ever since that first trip, we have put the pack n play in the bathroom while traveling and poof! the parents no longer have to sit in the dark with the tv on mute once the sun goes down.
So that is some puzzle I presented above, right? Here's our solution:
Brother and Sister In Law will sleep in the master bedroom with the four month old baby in the bassinet in the room. 2.5 year old niece will sleep in the pack n play in the {large} attached bathroom. Madeline will sleep in her crib, Ellie will sleep in her bed, Ryan and I will be on the air mattress in the play room.
Once there are less cribs involved and sleeping bags come into play, this will be much more simple. Until then we're shacking up like the old woman who lived in a shoe on visits. And that's fine with us. There were mutters of staying in a hotel but that would spoil the fun. {and the late night wine drinking ;) }
How did we do? What would your sleep solution be? They don't arrive until Friday so I'm open to suggestions!

That sounded like a math problem you get in middle school! LOL. Good luck! I agree i can't wait until Mia can just sleep in a sleeping bag. Luckily my niece and nephew when they come are old enough too.
ReplyDeletestop by today I am hosting my first giveaway! fun2bkids.blogspot.com
We are lacking a guest room too. My mom likes to sleep on the couch. She says. A proper pull out couch is on our wish list.
ReplyDeleteThat's a FABULOUS solution! And I FEEL your PAIN on how much different and easier life will be once it's all beds and being able to have the kids stay up a bit later until you all fall asleep in a hotel room!
ReplyDeleteSo smart---the whole bed in bathroom idea! I haven't traveled anywhere with GG where we've had to stay in a hotel, so I'm of absolutely no help! I'd be searching for ideas too! Can't wait to read what you decide.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have an excellent game plan. I am not a good organizer like you at all! I probably wouldn't have thought about it all until the last minute and then chaos would have ensued. My friend lets her grandaughter sleep in the bathtub in a sleeping bag when she sleeps over and her grandaughter just LOVES that : )
ReplyDeletei suck at math. like, alot. so i'm no help. i say do it all musical chairs style. whoever is in front of a bed when the music stops....that's where they shall lie. ;)
ReplyDeleteO my! that's alot of people in one shoe!!! Good Luck...I'm sure you will have a few interesting post ideas from this!
ReplyDelete