The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

July 30, 2010

Madeline's Island - party planning part 2

Party planning is going full steam ahead.  Click here for Part 1.  

Now here are the latest acquisitions:

Giraffalaff Limbo {available at Toys R Us, Target, etc.} is limbo for kids.  We tried it out over the weekend and Ellie loved it.  There is a dial that you spin to determine what type of 'walk' you attempt and the bar plays music but if you bump it, it stops.  I think the kids will love it!


Thanks to a heads up from G.G., we headed to Party City to grab Luau decorations on sale.  We picked up two Palm Tree Coolers,

lanterns that will be part of table centerpieces,



grass skirts for kids (only 99 cents!),
hula hoops, plates and napkins.

The invitations I made {in the words of Ellie}  ALL BY MYSELF using Picnik and ordered through Vistaprint came in and will be mailed out this week.  I'm going to post them in the next update cause I don't want to ruin any surprises. 

Nonna is headed to JoAnn Fabrics to pick up scrapbook paper to begin working on birthday signage and I'm starting to pick out Monthsie pictures for the First Year Banner. 

Less than 6 weeks until party day!

4 comments:

  1. Shindigz and Oriental Trading love me!!

    You know it's almost party time when Ellie calls the guest room (where the stash is stored) the "party room"! Great theme, Kristin, this should be a fun celebration. Can't wait to spend the day on "Madeline's Island"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your fab party come together! Love Love the palm tree cooler. I need it! lOl. Mia would love that limbo game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my girls would love the limbo stick! and i think the laterns are so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going to be a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...