The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

November 26, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

CHRISTMAS!

Unlike some of our neighbors who had their Thanksgiving dinner lit by their Christmas tree, we wait until the day after. 

At 6:01 am, Ellie ran into our room screaming, "I'm ready to deck! I'm ready to deck!"

Ryan and I looked at each other confused and asked, "Huh?  Deck what?"

"DECK THE HALLS!!!!  With holls of bolly and stuff."

Right.

So deck we did.

On her way to 4, Ellie is an expert ornament hanger.



Last year Baby Madeline was not even 12 weeks old when we put up our tree.  She is much more interested this year.

She is also now know as Cinderella.

Taking picture of two kids in front of the tree isn't exactly an easy task.

One is much easier.

Unless she is screaming "Deck the Halls" at the top of her lungs, then she gets a little blurry.

The stockings are hung. 

 And our tree is covered with ornaments old {my baby's first Christmas from 1980!}


and new.  Isn't Hello Kitty so stylish?  Ellie thinks so.

And while we wait the next month until the real Santa comes, we have a stand in.

Growing up we only had 'classic' Christmas decor.  In other words, no plastic or colored lights allowed.  With my first paycheck in 1996 after a Saturday shampooing at our neighbor's salon, my dad drove me to the local nursery and I picked up my very own, very first piece of Christmas decor.  48 inches of plastic. 

Every year until Ryan and I got married, I propped him up on my overturned garbage can and placed him in my bedroom window where he watched over our cul-de-sac.  My dad still misses him though their neighbors stole borrowed my idea and have one in their attic across the street now.

Plastic Santa now sits in our front yard, close to the house.  You can only see him if you are directly in front of our house, I don't want to commit HOA suicide.

As you can see, our halls our decked.  How about yours?

9 comments:

  1. Your decked halls look beautiful! We are still decorating.........

    Um, yeah, plastic Santa. I must admit, I was happy to pack him off to go live at your house, along with 23 years of personalized and cherished Christmas ornaments for the tree you and Ryan decorated for your "First Christmas Together". I love that you are continuing that tradition with Ellie and Madeline. The plastic Santa, not so much.

    Can't wait to make more family memories this Christmas! I love you, 1980 Baby!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Love their shirts, so happy they fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We buy a live tree every year so we wait until it gets a little closer (since I can't be trusted to water the thing and the needles quickly become little torture devices). But, we do have a table top light up dealy for our front window that makes it's appearance the day after Thanksgiving. The Dudes are happy with it until two weeks before when the real tree arrives! Nice decking and do you think we can borrow Cinderella?!

    Also, I love it that your mom comments on your blog; mine does too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it.. I am jealous. I was planning on hitting the tree farm yesterday, but instead I spent all day getting thrown up on. Hopefully today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mind sending ellie and madeline over to deck MY halls? i've yet to go get my stuff out of storage and usually the day after thanksgiving is my decor day. i'm just not ready yet. i think it's because ava is in such a destructive phase that i'm scared for my Christmas stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet....i love getting to know you better through your blog...those girls are so stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready to deck. That's great! We wait until Dec 1st. Though our outdoor lights went up today and I've been sneaking in some Christmas music when Ken's not around.
    The kids are anxious to get the show on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn HOAs - ruin all the fun!

    We let both girls help, and you should see what our tree looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love this! Great photos! I am you newest follower from "Follow Me Back Tuesday" and I love your blog!

    Melissa
    http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...