The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

April 18, 2011

Tori Spelling is pregnant again.

MommywoodAnd I'm not.

This is the first time we aren't pregnant together and I have mixed emotions.

On one hand potty training is coming soon and how great would it be to never buy another diaper again?  Everyone sleeps through the night, can mostly communicate their needs and keep each other entertained.  I am back to an acceptable weight, my pants no longer have an elastic waist band and a bra with snaps in not in my future.

But. 

But sometimes I feel like our family is not complete.  Sometimes I feel a pang of sadness when I am driving our co-sleeper to be sold at Once Upon A Child.  Sometimes the thought of never feeling another kick from the inside brings tears to my eyes. 

We are so incredibly blessed with two healthy, happy, intelligent, beautiful girls.  What if we chance it and something goes wrong? 

I remember watching Tori in a designer delivery gown getting ready to be wheeled away to have a c-section.  She was crying because she had a baby already and was so worried something would go wrong the second time.  I cried, too, with a huge belly about to deliver my second baby because I could so relate to her emotions.

Congrats Tori {and Dean}!  May you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery.  I'm sad to say we won't be sharing the pregnancy journey together this time.

How did you know your family was complete?  Do the pangs on wanting another baby ever go away or do you eventually give in?

3 comments:

  1. I have a 19 y/o, 10 y/o and 9 month old. Now I feel complete ;) took me time to realize when...needed to spread them in years but I am so glad i listen to my inner voice. i have enjoyed them each in different and unique ways and each one have felt like the "baby".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea!! I'm pregnant with #2 right now and already decided we would like to have 3. I guess that makes this pregnancy feel like it's not my last so I'm not too sad about it. Who knows how I'll feel next time though!

    New follower ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that in us magazine. I kind of want another but we are done.:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...