The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

May 6, 2010

How did you get my Baby Baby out?

Ellie often refers to Madeline as her "Baby Baby."  We were getting Madeline dressed for the day and Ellie looked at the maternity picture hanging in Madeline's room.  It is of our family of three with M in my tummy.

Ellie told me who was in the picture and said Maddie was in my tummy.  Then she said, "Mama, how did you get my Baby Baby out?"  I asked out of where?  Ellie said, "How did you get my Baby Baby out of your tummy?  Did it have to crack?  Is that how she got out?" 

I was shocked and told her it was a great question and maybe she could go ask Daddy.  ;)

So she asked Ryan.  "Daddy, did Mama's tummy have to crack for my Baby Baby to come out?  Is that why Mama had to be in the hospital?  So they could patch Mama's tummy back up?"

Ryan told her sometimes mamas' tummies do have to crack for the baby to come out.  Then he looked at me and said, "Ellie just described a c-section!"  And she did.  I didn't have one, but we'll spare her those details until another day.

4 comments:

  1. I went through that spell with Kate almost 2 months ago. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother told me the stork brought babies. Maybe I should have tried that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the cutest version of a c section! What a smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things kids say. Too cute! I love your family maternity picture, it's priceless! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...