The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

May 31, 2010

Nursing in the summer - what am I supposed to wear?!

Hooray!  It's the unofficial start of summer!  It's also the time for one of my biggest worries with breastfeeding. What the heck was I going to wear this summer?

Usually in the summer I live in dresses.  There is nothing cooler or more simple than tossing on a sundress.  Well unless your nursing.  Because who wants to sit with a dress up over their head while they are feeding a baby?  Not me!

I have been doing my research and have come across a couple things I would like to share that might help out a fellow nursing mama.

There are really cute tanks with ties instead of straps this season like this one from the Gap:



The Gap also has this cute sundress with ties for straps:


I have yet to find a strapless nursing bra but I have tried this bandeau top from the junior section at Target {you have to be resourceful in desperate times!} and it seems to work pretty well so far.  But if you're more blessed than I am, it might not be the best solution for you.  And, hey, you can't beat 5 bucks!


For this bra, I have just been flipping one side down and it's been fine.

Another trick I have found that works is that my nursing pads fit right into the triangles of my halter tops and halter dresses.  Not too big of a pain when nursing but make sure you don't double knot the tie or you could have logistical issues like I did last weekend.  Not a mistake I will make again!

So what else can we add to the list?  Veteran summer nursing mamas help us out!  What tips do you have for us newbies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...