The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

June 29, 2010

Proud to be a Theta Mom

 
Happy Blogiversary, Theta Mom!
 
 
 
I'm proud to be a Theta Mom.  I am on the crusade to redefine motherhood one day at a time.  One sippy cup at a time.  One dirty diaper at a time.  You get the idea.
 
I was pregnant for 41 weeks and had a vacuum assisted delivery with an epidural that didn't work.  I was induced at 37 weeks 6 days and had a super easy birth and walked to recovery.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
I gave up nursing after six weeks and formula fed for the rest of my baby's first year.  I am almost to 10 months of nursing.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
I've nursed in front of family, friends, neighbors, strangers and boy scouts.  I've nursed in cars, truck stops, restaurant bathrooms, play dates, Mc Donald's, during a pap smear and at the zoo.  I've realized I have more in common with dairy cows than I ever thought possible.  I've lost all sense of modesty but still get a tad uncomfortable walking in on someone else nursing.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
My daughter that was never going to watch tv knows Spanish.  She learned it from Dora.  You know, the Explorer.  She also knows Mandarin, too.  From her good friend Kai Lan.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
I've been spit up on, peed and puked on.  Today I delivered a stool sample to the pediatrician while wearing a sundress and sipping my Carmel Macchiato.  Then after the girls went to bed I had a nice big glass of red wine.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
I love hanging out with my 3 year old and she might be the funniest person I have ever met.  My baby has a smile that makes strangers stop in their tracks.  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
Ellie knows that coffee and wine are for mommy only and can order for herself at Starbucks.  She knows what accessories are and how to match them to her outfit.  The first words out of her mouth in the morning are, "Good morning, guys!  How did you sleep last night?"  I'm a Theta Mom.
 
I'm a mom who was going to do everything 'by the book' when she was pregnant and then threw the book out the window when her first born was a week old.  I'm a mom who does yoga in the family room OnDemand while keeping the Crawl and Cruise Jungle going AND baking cookies in the play kitchen.  I am the Evil Queen and a Fairy Princess.  I'm a chef, a chauffeur, a writer, the doctor on call and the cleaning lady. 
 
I do it all the best I know how.  I'm a Theta Mom.

5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! "I've been spit up on, peed on and puked on." <---Isn't that the truth?? Certainly not the glamorous side of motherhood!

    I also like how you shared the things that make you happy about being a Theta Mom - something we all can relate to because our children are certainly worth this crazy journey!

    Thanks so much for linking up mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I too love my wine, and do yoga with the kid, it was and is neccesary to my sanity, and my child (boy) can bellydance too....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    I've delivered samples to the doctor's office while snacking, too, LOL! Who says that isn't glamorous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! you make me excited for my son to hit the 2-3 year old stage and make me kinda want a girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...