The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

June 3, 2010

Arizona Ellie-isms

Here are a few of the memorable comments made by Ellie last weekend in Arizona...


1. Mama I don't want to wear my popsicle bathing suit. It is not the easiest to go potty in and it is too tight on my skin. The tummy skin. I don't like it. I want to wear my bee-kini. You know the one that only covers my nickels and my bottom? I like that one best. Then I can look like a model.

2. Oh. More than one cactus is cacti. Look! More than one mountain! Mounti!

3. G.G., Granddad, Auntie, Ellie and I were sitting at the table having coffee. We had just passed the cream and sugar around the table.

Oh my gosh! This is just like having a tea party!!!!

4. Do you think when it gets dark we can look out for some constellations?

5. When I grow up I'm going to be an astronaut. Daddy will be the captain and he can push the buttons. Mama, you can be in charge of steering my rocket ship. Auntie? You can make sure there is a parachute for when I need to jump out.

6. Ellie and G.G. were playing around a bush. G.G. couldn't go all the way around because there was a low tree branch.

G.G.! Chase me all the way around! What do you mean you can't go all the way around? You just have to stoop like this. {Ellie bends down and runs under the tree.} G.G. it's ok that you're 90, just stoop! Come on, you can do it!




It was a fun trip!

8 comments:

  1. What a very cool blog. Great post too. Thanks.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think Ellie and Kate would be perfectly matched. "I know your 90, but" and covering her nickels totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary!

    And Liz, if we lived in the same state I think they would totally be besties! They remind me so much of each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K,
    You must try reasoning with her about the popsicle bathing suit. :) Something like... Nonna bought that fabulous bathing suit from Garnet Hill and it has an adorable matching skirt and together they probably cost more than Nonna's bathing suit.
    Ah, never mind.
    Love my Ellie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids crack me up! "Come on, you can do it..." Hee Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should rent her out for parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know when you want her, Joy! I'll cut you a deal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...covers her nickles...!!! love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...