Fa - la - la - la - la - la - la - la- la.
Oh boy.
With Ellie's first year of preschool and dance class comes her first school play and dance routines. Let me tell you, she's a little nervous.
She is me.
I honestly don't know how many Christmas carols and shuffle-hop-steps a not yet four year old can remember. She is trying to keep it all a big secret, which is so adorable. When I ask her what songs they are singing for the school program she gets a big grin and says, "You'll just have to wait and see."
I know we will for sure be serenaded with "Silent Night," "This Little Light of Mine," "Deck the Halls" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" because they seep into her everyday life and she just starts leaking Christmas carols out of her mouth. I'm not kidding, she will be putting her coat on and break out into "This Little Light of Mine" or while playing with dolls "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" will come out.
The other day I asked her where she learned "Deck the Halls." She said, "You mean 'Deck the Halls with holls of bolly?' Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la? Oh, I learned that around here."
Um, no. No you didn't. At least not enough to know all of the verses, but whatever, we'll keep it a secret.
Do you know that scene in Parenthood? The movie, not the show. It is towards the end and Steve Martin's son is in the school play. It all goes to hell with the scenerey falling down around them. Yeah, I'm really hoping that doesn't happen Thursday night.
The good news is Ellie doesn't have a speaking role. Or is that not good news? I need more info before I can make a final call on that one. Either way, the less stressful news is that Ellie doesn't have lines to memorize for the play, but she does have a job critical to the plot of the play.
Be thinking of us at 6:30 pm on Thursday, OK?
Thanks.
She is so funny. How cute is it that she wants you to wait... Maybe I should wish you good luck, LOL.
ReplyDeleteShe will do great!!
ReplyDeleteAs a teacher I know how it feels to get nervous for your kiddos, no matter the role they'll play! It'll be great, no worries! She'll be fantastic, but I'll be thinking of you come Thursday and looking forward to hearing (reading) all about it!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! My daughter is in the same shoes. She is very uncoordinated but she can carry a tune. I still can't wait to see her next week sing her little heart out.
ReplyDeleteHi there!
Just found you on the hops and I am your newest follower. Love your blog! Check out my blog and say hi sometime! While you are there you might wanna check out a couple giveaways I have ending this week with LOW entries, so come on by!
HANDMADE HOLIDAY CARDS FROM ETSY
CELL PHONE RANGER STIX SIGNAL BOOSTER :)
~Sassy
Single Mama in LA
I love your blog! And I love Parenthood (the movie). I remember that scene well. I'm sure the program will be adorable -- and a very sweet Christmas memory. Thanks so much for joining in TMT this week! Tweeting this! ;0)
ReplyDeletei love how she thinks she's pulling a fast one over on you!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is getting ready for her first Holiday performance. I can't wait to see her sing or not sing.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at your daughter's program.
Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it. No matter how it turns out, these things are just adorable to see them up there :)
ReplyDeleteAwww so cute, I especially like "holls of bolly," and how sweet that she wants it all to be a surprise!
ReplyDelete