The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

March 23, 2010

6 months, 17 days old and no days more!

Well now Madeline Claire is 6 months and 17 days but I took these pics a week or so ago so we'll just call it 6 months and change, k?














6 month olds are busy. On the move, so they say. My little peanut is now grabbing at my caramel macchiato for a sip and trying to take her own bite of my pizza. She has mastered the "fish hook" and Ellie and I swear she has said both of our names though I'm not sure enough to actually count them as first words yet.
I'm reminded of the song "Five Days Old" by Laurie Berkner Band - how I love Laurie Berkner and her catchy little

tunes! I'm sad E is still on her Beatles kick and Laurie has been shoved to the side these past weeks - where she sings "One day I'll be a year, then I'll be 2 then 3 then 4. But as for now I'm sitting here, I'm 5 days old and no days more."
We heard that song on Nick Jr. when Madeline was 5 days old and no days more. It was one of those moments where you make a mental note that this time is going to go by fast, too fast, and soon you'll be sitting on the couch and your baby won't be a baby anymore.
And here I am. My 5 day old is now a 6 month 17 day old playing in her excersaucer as I type. I'm scared to blink because I know when I do it will be Labor Day and we'll be celebrating her first birthday.

1 comment:

  1. OK, this made me cry. You can imagine how your old momma must feel.
    Love you, all of your days!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...