The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

March 3, 2010

Ellie's party is Saturday.

Ellie's party is Saturday. Ellie's party is SATURDAY?!

There is so much to do. Today is cleaning and putting some finishing touches in Madeline's room before party day. We have the parents' soccer meeting tonight that I completely forgot about until 15 minutes ago, tomorrow Ryan's twin brother's family comes to town, decorate Friday, party on Saturday - insert head spinning emoticon.

Nonna has been a huge help. She has made banners, is making cupcakes and coming over to help wrangle kids in a little bit.

This year all of the invited guests but two will be attending. Last year a freak illness came over the area and we had guests "dropping like flies." Not the case this year...so far!

We have a bounce house, balance beam to "walk the tight rope," face painting, pin the nose on the clown, circus food and enough red and white streamers to "try and make our entire house look like a circus tent" - Ellie's request.

I'm having a really hard time finding shoes for Ellie's party dress. Why are there no cute little girl shoes around right now? So now it's the last minute and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $20 to overnight pink polka dot lace-less Chuck Taylors that apparently are not sold in any real store.

Ellie has a funky knot/apron dress with vintage circus prints for the big day and picking the perfect shoes has proven to be a bit of a challenge.

So I'm starting to stress a bit. Not too much, but I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to get highlights after all. And instead of cleaning a bathroom right now, I'm on the computer.

What can I say? I work best under pressure. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is SO much better than doing anything productive! I'm sorry I'm going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...