The Little Style File is here! Follow @lilstylefile on twitter or like us on facebook for the latest updates!

March 26, 2010

Can you tell me how to get {back} to Sesame Street?

Ellie hasn't been sleeping the best the last few nights. Bad dreams maybe? Anyway, no matter how she sleeps or what time she goes to bed, she is up by 6:15 every morning. So today at 10:15 she was already exhausted. She wanted to lay down and watch a show and since she looked like she was going to fall asleep on her feet, I agreed.

Picking the show at 10am was a bit of a challenge. Our option were: LazyTown on Nick Jr., Max & Ruby on Nick, Tigger and Pooh on Disney or Sesame Street on PBS Kids. LazyTown is CREEPY. Seriously. And I've had enough of Max & Ruby. I swear any behavior issue Ellie has can be directly traced back to Max & Ruby. Tigger and Pooh is eh. So I pushed for Sesame Street.

We don't watch much Sesame Street, only old ones every once in a while On Demand. It isn't usually on when we need a quick break and Ellie is ready to watch a show.

I turn it on and it is totally different! It was 10-ish minutes in but there was a Fairy School segment that went right into claymation of Bert & Ernie. In between is "Murray" - where did he come from?! - and then into Elmo's World.

Where is Maria? Oscar the Grouch? Cookie Monster {who now has veggies around him on Maddie's diapers - whatev!}? Anyone from my childhood in their original form? Are they only on in the beginning or have they been replaced by Abby Cadabby and Murray?

I have to admit, I'm kind of freaked out. I LOVED Sesame Street...just the way it was!

After checking out www.sesamestreet.org I found that all of my old favorites are still listed as characters on the show. That's a relief! And they are celebrating their 40th anniversary. Congrats, Sesame Street! Now can we turn Burt & Ernie back into puppets and cut Abby Cadabby? 'K, thanks, bye!

;)

For anyone else like me, longing for the Sesame Street of their childhood, Sesamestreet.org has Vintage Videos you can watch under the 40 Years.

1 comment:

  1. My 3 year old is a Max and Ruby addict. She is actually scared of most of the other preschool shows out there. Pretty much the only things we watch our Max and Ruby, Dragontails, and Caillou. Not a great selection. I agree with you about Sesame Street - let's get back to Basics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a trip to Ellie-Town...