Today was a bad beauty day. I was at Target (LOVE Target!) and I needed a new liquid eye liner. I was a little nervous about "blackest black" so I decided to go with smoke instead.
With the big party coming up, I needed a brow wax and I've gotten pretty good at doing my own. So I went to pick up my Sally Hansen wax and they were all out. I grabbed the salon kind instead.
Then I needed tweezers. My tweezers are somewhere in the southwest, not quite sure where. I picked a kind that looked promising and went on my way.
I get home and pull my hand towels out of the washer and the white with a cocoa stripe are now pink. wtf? There was nothing pink or red in with them, just dish towels and hand towels together. No idea how they decided to go pink on me but here they are.
I try out my new "smoke" liner and it's blue. Like really blue. Have you ever seen blue smoke? That's a new one for me.
And to top it all off, I guess there is a reason for beauty school. My waxing skills are far from professional and I actually managed to wax my fingers together. Thank you Spa Wax for that little blue bottle that I poured all over my hands to un-wax myself.
Once un-waxed, my new tweezers are so horrible I can't even pull out a stray eye-brow hair to save my life. It gives me this horrible feeling in my stomach like when I used to have to help my mom peel wallpaper off the walls in high school. Complete and utter frustration.
So now it's 8:00 pm, the girls are asleep, I'm waiting for my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece to arrive and drinking a B-I-G glass of red wine. Ahhhhh.
In a few minutes I'll be up again making my "Oreo Ball" dough so it can chill overnight for the big party. I'm taking advantage of each quiet second.
I SO remember peeling the wallpaper!!!!
ReplyDelete